In order to uses the “Masses” page, you need to ensure that you have valid models already saved in the project in order to calculate the volumes.
Creating a new task
In order to create a new task:
- Click the “New Task” button
- Enter the name of the task
- Choose if any calculation, and the base for calculation (model or alignment)
- Create schedule automatically or define starting/ending date or starting/duration for planning.
Once the task is created, it is visible on the “Masses” page and you are able to define its characteristics.
Managing a created task
A task can be calculated in many ways:
- According to an alignment (by choosing the centerline)
- According to an alignment for a specific model (choose then the reference layer)
- According to an alignment for a specific model (choose then the calculation layer)
- By comparing two layers (then define the calculation layer and the reference layer)
- Whatever the calculation method, it can also be defined for a specific section (choose starting/ending station) and split into finer information (by defining the station interval)
Once a task has been defined and calculated, it is to:
- modify it (save/delete/define public or private status/lock for editing)
- track completion of the task: as a section is being completed, tick the square in “completed cut” or “fill” with its date and the system will automatically calculate the level of completion of the task.